- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Tom Cruise, Angelina Jolie rehearse for Oscar show
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Tom Cruise and Angelina Jolie lit up the Hollywood & Highland Center with their star power when they came to rehearse for Sunday’s Oscar show.
The megastars each practiced walking on stage and presenting their categories Friday, handing out prop Oscars to stand-ins pretending to be winners.
Jolie said she was jetlagged after traveling with her family from Sarajevo to Berlin to Paris to Los Angeles, but she still looked stunning in black jeans, heels and a blazer.
“You just blew the minds of two of our stand-ins who got a hug from you,” stage manager Dency Nelson told the actress, who replied through a shy smile, saying, “Oh, you’re so sweet.”
“You have to take a picture with me first!” he said as she walked onto the stage. “Well, you don’t HAVE to,” Grazer clarified.
Cruise also posed for a photo with the producer, and likely made the days of the fake winners he presented prop Oscars to, beaming “Congratulations” to them with his leading-man smile.
The 84th Academy Awards will be presented Sunday and broadcast live on ABC.
AP Entertainment Writer Sandy Cohen is on Twitter: www.twitter.com/APSandy.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq