Foreign visitors in Washington this week include:
• Members of the European Parliament from the Liberal group led by Guy Verhofstadt, a former prime minister of Belgium, with Alexander Graf Lambsdorff of Germany; Anneli Jaatteenmaki of Finland; Antonyia Parvanova of Bulgaria; and Niccolo Rinaldi of Italy. They meet with Christine Lagarde, managing director of the International Monetary Fund; Sen. Ron Wyden, Oregon Democrat; Rep. Alcee L. Hastings, Florida Democrat; Charles Collyns, assistant secretary of Treasury; Philip H. Gordon, assistant secretary of state for Europe and Eurasia; and Jane Holl Lute, deputy secretary for Homeland Security.
• Liam Fox, a member of the British Parliament and a former secretary of state for defense. He addresses the Heritage Foundation about the threat of U.S. debt to its global leadership.
• Queen Noor of Jordan, a member of the International Commission on Missing Persons. She testifies before the congressional Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe at a 2 p.m. hearing in Room 2172 of the Rayburn House Office Building.
• Daniel Marx, former finance minister of Argentina, who addresses the Inter-American Dialogue.
• Call Embassy Row at 202/636-3297 or email email@example.com. The column is published on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.