- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Predators, Canucks add pieces; Nash stays put
Question of the Day
Boston also sent defenseman Steve Kampfer to the Minnesota Wild for defenseman Greg Zanon. To make space on the roster for the new acquisitions, the Bruins assigned Andrew Bodnarchuk, Carter Camper, and Max Sauve to Providence of the AHL.
_The San Jose Sharks received left wing T.J. Galiardi, left wing Daniel Winnik and a 2013 seventh-round pick from the Colorado Avalanche for left wing Jamie McGinn, center Mike Sgarbossa and left wing Mike Connolly.
_The Ducks, in addition to the Gordon-Erixon trade, acquired right wing Dale Mitchell from the Toronto Maple Leafs for defensman Mark Fraser.
_The Tampa Bay Lightning traded defenseman Matt Gilroy to the Ottawa Senators for defenseman Brian Lee and sent right wing Carter Ashton to the Maple Leafs for defenseman Keith Aulie. The Lightning also got defenseman Mike Commodore from the Detroit Red Wings for a conditional seventh-round pick in 2013.
_The Edmonton Oilers sent defenseman Tom Gilbert to the Wild for defenseman Nick Schultz. Schultz, the longest-tenured athlete among Minnesota’s four major professional teams, took the news hard, his eyes wet with tears when he spoke to reporters.
“Basically all I know is being here, playing here and being part of this team,” he said.
_The Chicago Blackhawks acquired defenseman Johnny Oduya from the Winnipeg Jets for picks in the second and third rounds of the 2013 draft. Chicago also shipped defenseman John Scott to the New York Rangers for a 2012 fifth-round pick.
Joseph White can be reached at http://twitter.com/JGWhiteAP
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson: Gays 'wont inherit the kingdom of God'
- Prevention of school massacre shoots down arguments for Colorado gun control laws
- Zadzooks: The Joker sixth scale figure review (Sideshow Collectibles)
- CARUSO: Driving off Russian aggression with U.S. natural gas
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Right-brain investing in a left-brain world. You can do it. I can help.
News and views on the Civil War.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow