- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Gladys Knight, Gavin DeGraw among ‘Dancing’ cast
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Urkel, the Empress of Soul and one of the Green Bay Packers are waltzing onto “Dancing With the Stars.”
“Family Matters” actor Jaleel White, singer Gladys Knight and National Football League player Donald Driver will be among the 12 celebrity contestants on the next season of the ABC dancing competition. Other famous faces participating in the 14th edition include “The View” co-host Sherri Shepherd, singer-songwriter Gavin DeGraw, “Little House on the Prairie” actress Melissa Gilbert and Disney Channel star Roshon Fegan.
The new cast, which also includes tennis player Martina Navratilova, “Melrose Place” actor Jack Wagner, telenovela star William Levy, operatic singer Katherine Jenkins and “Extra” co-host Maria Menounos, was announced Tuesday on “Good Morning America.” The contestants will dance their first routines with their professional partners March 19 and March 26, and the first couple will be eliminated March 27.
Last season, actor J.R. Martinez and professional partner Karina Smirnoff took home the mirrorball trophy with reality TV star Rob Kardashian and partner Cheryl Burke coming in second place in front of former talk show host Ricki Lake and partner Derek Hough. Other previous champions include “Dirty Dancing” actress Jennifer Grey, Pussycat Dolls singer Nicole Scherzinger and gymnast Shawn Johnson.
ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Co.
AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang is on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang/.
TWT Video Picks
Exchanges reveal an ugly American abroad out to bring down conservatives
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world