- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
- Kerry warns of ‘very serious’ response to Crimea-Russia alliance
- Fla. Rep. Alan Grayson’s wife drops restraining order against him
- McDonald’s lawsuits filed over wages ‘stolen’ like Hamburglar steals Big Macs
- HUMPHRIES: Fight like a Democrat – An open letter to Sen. Mitch McConnell
- Florida board member shocks with ‘Heil Hitler’ salute at town meeting
- Bill O’Reilly, Chris Matthews inducted into Irish America Hall of Fame
- Military given ‘execute order’ by Obama for secret cyber mission in June
- College group’s diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Cops: 2 shoot up heroin as kids play at McDonald’s
Romney fights to avoid home-state embarrassment
Mr. Santorum, perhaps in a nod to the recent swing in the polls, was more cautious as he spoke to voters in Lansing.
“I think the fact that we are doing as well as we are is a pretty big deal in this state,” he said.
No matter the top finisher, Mr. Romney and Mr. Santorum stand to split the 30 delegates at stake in Michigan because the state distributes delegates proportionally. By contrast, Mr. Romney is favored to win all 29 delegates in Arizona, which features a winner-takes-all system.
So far, Mr. Romney has 123 delegates to 72 for Mr. Santorum. Mr. Gingrich has 32 and Mr. Paul has 19, based on an Associated Press count. It will take 1,144 delegates to win the party nomination at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., this summer.
TWT Video Picks
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Details on ships, planes searching for missing jet
- Cops: 2 shoot up heroin as kids play at McDonald's
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again