- PHILLIPS: Liberal lawyers ensuring illegal aliens are never deported
- Chris Christie leading N.H. GOP presidential field; Mitt Romney lingers large
- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
NUGENT: ‘Progressives’ are regressive
Leftists’ gloom-and-doom agenda is no way to party
Question of the Day
Just as the homosexual community has co-opted the word "gay," various leftists, socialists and Marxists have co-opted the word "progressive." Words mean things. If you read the definition of "progressive," conservatives and the Tea Party are the real progressive force in America, as we are the ones advocating substantive upgrade, improvement and reforms in the stinky, status-quo swamps of Washington.
The leftists and all of their various incarnations have co-opted the word "progressive" to try to convince Americans they are agents of political improvements when exactly the opposite is true. Leftists are agents of not only the status quo, but a truly backward mindset. They are the ones who advocatethe proven horrors of bigger government, more dangerous borrowing, more irresponsible spending, less accountability, more cronyism, more dependency and foggier transparency.
Real progress can only be made by turning away from these ultradestructive policies and agendas that serve to punish the most productive among us, while at the same time stomping on poor Americans and telling them that a steel-toed boot on their throat is actually good for them. Amazingly, many Americans actually believe a boot on their throat is good for them. These marionettes of the dependency puppet master are very wrong.
Real progress will not come easy or fast. Over the last couple of decades, America has dug a deep and wide financial crater thanks to members of both political parties. Instead of advocating policies for climbing out of this hole, during his three-year tenure, President Obama has repeatedly asked for a bigger shovel to dig the hole even deeper. That behavior is regressive, not progressive.
As President Reagan would surely have said, Mr. Obama and his left-wing cohorts are not the solution, they are the problem.
Alternatively, the real progressives, the Tea Party, advocate a more fiscally responsible federal government and a government that stays in its constitutional lane that was very carefully spelled out by our Founding Fathers. The Founders knew exactly what they meant when they wrote the 10th Amendment. What they could not have fathomed was how little respect for the 10th Amendment future politicians would give this critical rule.
America needs to turn in the opposite direction from which it has been moving for decades. Bigger government has not done much of anything, except to bury us in a pile of insane debt and create a class of dependent, unhappy, slavelike Americans.
The Tea Party and conservatives know less government is best government. We know a fundamental transformation from the leftists who advocate even bigger government will save America, not enslave it and doom it to a third-class nation.
Real progressives want Americans to be much more independent, reliant and strong. This is the kind of progress and freedom that rocks at maximum volume, which is just what the freedom doctor ordered.
Leftists have nothing except a track record of destruction and dependency. If you want more of the same, the Democratic Party is for you. If you support it, know it is the political party of status quo, doom and despair. I would not call that a party.
If you want real change, real transformation and real progress, support those brave and bold Americans running for office at the local, county, state and national level. They are the true progressives as they advocate much less government and much more freedom.
Ted Nugent is an American rock 'n' roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of "Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto" and "God, Guns & Rock 'N' Roll" (Regnery Publishing).
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
Get Breaking Alerts
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men: 'We made a mistake'
- BRUCE: The feds plot to steal your paycheck
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Israel rejects talk of cease-fire; Hamas targets suspected nuke site
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has no intention of repatriating illegals
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: America: Land of the free no more?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Wage-theft by employers needs legislative remedy
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Douglass would abhor affirmative action
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's voter bloc of 'entitlement' illegals