- Sen. Barrasso: ‘Nothing flies, nothing shoots, nothing works’ in Ukrainian military
- RNC ‘autopsy’ authors: ‘Tremendous progress’ from a year ago
- Gun control groups turn to private sector to push crackdowns
- Study to test ‘chocolate’ pills for heart health
- Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay arrested for DWI
- Obama, Abbas to meet Monday morning regarding peace talks
- Guinness quits New York’s St. Patrick’s Day parade over gay march prohibition
- RNC goes on offensive with ad buys in 14 targeted states
- Saudi Arabia bans 50 ‘blasphemous’ baby names — like Benjamin
- Jack Daniel’s up in arms at Tenn. push to ‘weaken’ whiskey label
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Real religious intolerance
While I believe that mocking another man’s religion in a parade is in bad taste, Judge Mark Martin’s dismissal of assault charges in Cumberland County, Pa., on the grounds that Muslims are more dedicated to their religion than Christians, Jews or Hindus is an example of things to come.
In 1987, artist and photographer Andres Serran displayed a photograph of a small plastic crucifix submerged in a glass of his own urine. The piece was a winner of the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Arts‘ “Awards in the Visual Arts” competition, which is sponsored in part by the National Endowment for the Arts.
Apparently Muslims can break our laws with impunity, and Obamacare insults the religious beliefs of many. I wonder if Muslims will be exempt from participating in that, too.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
Get Breaking Alerts
- CURL: We overhauled U.S. health care to insure 4.2 million people?
- Guinness quits New York's St. Patrick's Day parade over gay march prohibition
- Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer' who 'drowns babies'
- California gun store owner refuses to hand over customer list
- Crimea votes in favor of secession; U.S. rejects
- New 'gainful employment' proposal sparks criticism
- Firefighters discover church's Bible in Harlem rubble following gas explosion
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Obama makes play for Obamacare in March Madness-themed ad
- McCaul offers scenario where missing Malaysian jet lands in hostile country to be use as missile
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reid's 'untruths' creating Democratic sheep
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Atheists don't live in faith-free world
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Death knell of Malaysia Airlines?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: De Blasio doing disservice to 'underdog' students
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Anti-God humanism will ruin nation