- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
Jason Segel honored by Harvard theater group
CAMBRIDGE, MASS. (AP) - Actor Jason Segel has been honored as Man of the Year by Harvard University’s Hasty Pudding Theatricals.
He got the traditional pudding pot Friday evening after a roast by the nation’s oldest undergraduate drama troupe.
Segel plays Marshall Eriksen on the CBS comedy “How I Met Your Mother.” He co-wrote and starred in last year’s “The Muppets.” And Friday he sang a version of “Rainbow Connection” written by the troupe.
Segel got his start in the short-lived but critically acclaimed television series “Freaks and Geeks.” He later wrote and starred in the 2008 movie “Forgetting Sarah Marshall,” which earned more than $100 million worldwide.
Hasty Pudding honored actress Claire Danes as its Woman of the Year.
Last year’s Man of the Year was Jay Leno.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Afghanistan, heads to Africa
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.