- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Super Bowl: Pats’ last attempt fails as Giants win
Question of the Day
But the Giants had to breathe a huge sigh of relief first as Tom Brady heaved a long, desperation pass into the end zone that Rob Gronkowski nearly caught as it tipped among a group of outstretched Patriots and Giants hands. Then, it fell to the ground and the jubilant Giants were running onto the field in celebration.
New York also beat New England 24-17 in the 2008 Super Bowl.
Ahmad Bradshaw ran up the middle on second-and-6, and the Patriots parted like the Red Sea and allowed the Giants running back to get into the end zone for a 21-17 lead. Bradshaw appeared to realize what was going on and tried to stop his momentum at the last second, but stumbled into the end zone for a score.
New York was stopped on a 2-point conversion.
Now, it’s Brady’s turn. He’s got 57 seconds and 80 yards to win it.
The Giants wide receiver made a remarkable grab down the left sideline with 3:39 left and New York trailing 17-15. Eli Manning zipped a long pass toward Manningham, who was in double coverage but caught the 38-yard heave with his fingertips, got both feet down and brought the ball into his chest as he was being hit.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq