- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
Hot Scott leads way in Virginia’s win over Wake
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) — Mike Scott made all nine of his shots and scored 19 points to lead No. 19 Virginia to a 68-44 win over Wake Forest on Wednesday night.
Joe Harris added 11 points and three other players were in double figures for the Cavaliers (19-4, 6-3 ACC), who had lost their last six encounters with the Demon Deacons.
Travis McKie scored 16 points for Wake Forest (11-13, 2-8), which has dropped five in a row and nine of its past 11. C.J. Harris scored 10.
Leading by 21 at the break after scoring the final 12 points of the half, the Cavaliers put it away by hitting their first six shots of the second period and took a 52-21 lead.
The Cavaliers dominated the opening half, shooting 70.8 percent (17-for-24) from the field and taking a 40-19 lead into the break.
Scott nailed all seven of his attempts from the floor and contributed 15 points in the first 20 minutes.
The Cavaliers cooled off considerably in the second half but still shot 53.7 percent (29-for-54) for the evening. Virginia forced 17 turnovers.
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- More than a quarter million sign up for Obamacare in November
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgement in Heller II
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $10.5 billion loss for taxpayers
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Human interest stories to feed interest, satisfy curiosity and see outside the box.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
News and views on the Civil War.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow