- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
1967 Lincoln is four-door luxury in a convertible
Question of the Day
Mr. Bragg notes there is one accessory his car is lacking, an automatic headlight dimmer. Perhaps he’ll find one to install on his car.
He says he misses having no outside mirror on the right side. The left-side mirror, he is happy to report, has a remote control on the inside.
Lowering or raising the convertible top is an exercise to make Rube Goldberg proud.
The trunk lid is hinged at the rear and as panels fold, unfold, twist and gyrate the top, with a glass rear window, raises or lowers and the final product is amazingly beautiful.
The top mechanism car be operated from the driver’s seat or from the left rear fender. Beside the gas filler door is a place to insert the ignition key and once it is inserted and turned, the top is set in motion.
Not only pretty clever for 1967, it’s pretty clever for 2006.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- EDITORIAL: Snipers from the left target Hillary
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq