- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
Rangers find eight rhinos dead in record killing
JOHANNESBURG | South African rangers say they have found eight dead rhinoceroses that were stripped of their horns, an unprecedented one-day toll.
“This is the first time that we’ve had so many in one day, and it’s really a concern for us,” Mr. Thakhuli said Wednesday,
He said 448 rhinos were poached across South Africa in 2011, a record loss. The eight found Tuesday were the first recorded deaths for 2012.
An Asian economic boom in recent years is believed to be behind the spike in poaching, with a growing middle class in countries including China and Vietnam able to afford exotic purported remedies such as powdered rhino horn.
Muslim terrorists kill eight in beer parlor
MAIDUGURI | Police say an Islamist sect has killed eight people, including four police officers and a 7-year-old child, at a beer parlor in northeastern Nigeria.
Local Police Commissioner Tanko Lawan said the attack happened late Tuesday night in Yobe state. He said no arrests have been made but blamed the shooting on a Muslim terrorist sect known as Boko Haram.
The group has been blamed in at least 54 deaths in recent days.
Boko Haram says it has started specifically targeting Christians, exploiting religious tensions in Africa’s most populous nation.
Failure to try dictator risks loss of U.S. aid
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Arrest made in Ohio bar shooting that killed 3
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again