- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
BLITZER: Bringing flair and accent to the studio
Question of the Day
Tony was a real joy to have on all our programs at CNN. Even his political adversaries appreciated being on the shows with him because he was such a nice guy. He always brought lots of knowledge, charm, warmth and, occasionally, humor to our studio. Given his experiences, he was smart on virtually any subject we raised with him. And he always had good insight and a pithy thought. He also knew how to speak in smart and effective sound bites, which, of course, made him a valued guest on television.
Here’s another little secret: We loved his slight British accent. It made him seem even smarter. And he always looked great, very well-dressed. He was, in short, Tony. We loved him and miss him. Our deepest condolences to his wonderful family and to all his many, many friends.
Wolf Blitzer is host of CNN’s “The Situation Room.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Get Breaking Alerts
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title