- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
- Md. parents accused of locking up autistic twin sons
- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
BLITZER: Bringing flair and accent to the studio
Question of the Day
Tony was a real joy to have on all our programs at CNN. Even his political adversaries appreciated being on the shows with him because he was such a nice guy. He always brought lots of knowledge, charm, warmth and, occasionally, humor to our studio. Given his experiences, he was smart on virtually any subject we raised with him. And he always had good insight and a pithy thought. He also knew how to speak in smart and effective sound bites, which, of course, made him a valued guest on television.
Here's another little secret: We loved his slight British accent. It made him seem even smarter. And he always looked great, very well-dressed. He was, in short, Tony. We loved him and miss him. Our deepest condolences to his wonderful family and to all his many, many friends.
Wolf Blitzer is host of CNN's "The Situation Room."
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way