- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Joe Kennedy III engaged to fellow Harvard Law grad
Question of the Day
BOSTON (AP) - Joseph Kennedy III now has a wedding to look forward to as he considers a congressional run in Massachusetts.
The son of former U.S. Rep. Joseph P. Kennedy II and grandson of the late Robert F. Kennedy is engaged to Lauren Anne Birchfield, a fellow Harvard Law School graduate.
Friday’s announcement comes a little more than a week after the 31-year-old Kennedy formed an exploratory committee as a first step toward a run for the U.S. House seat held by retiring Rep. Barney Frank.
The engagement was announced by Birchfield’s parents, the Rev. Dr. James Birchfield and Marta Birchfield of Houston. They did not say if a wedding date has been set.
Kennedy plans to leave his job as a prosecutor with the Middlesex District Attorney’s office later this month.
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Google Glass-equipped rifles can fire around corners: It's 'mind-blowing when you actually do it'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs