- WestJet grants Christmas wishes for 250 airline passengers
- U.S. vet held in North Korea says statement was coerced
- NTSB hearing on San Francisco airliner crash postponed
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford insists he has dried out, vows sobriety test
- Greenpeace video warns that climate change is wrecking Santa’s home
- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
- Hagel renews Qatar defense pact despite differences over Iran, Syria
- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
- Rep. Alan Grayson loses $18M in stock scheme
- Christmas secularists get 6-foot beer-can Festivus pole at Florida Statehouse
YORBA LINDA — A Southern California district attorney’s office is expected to announce the filing of criminal charges against an Iraq War veteran suspected in the stabbing death of four homeless men.
Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas has scheduled a news conference for 11 a.m. Tuesday to announce charges against Itzcoatl Ocampo. The 23-year-old Mr. Ocampo is expected to be charged with four counts of murder.
Lt. Hal Brotheim, a spokesman with the Orange County Sheriff's Department, said Mr. Ocampo is being held in isolation at the central jail in Santa Ana for his own safety because of the notoriety of the case.
Instructor, student killed in plane crash
BREWSTER — Officials say the two people killed in a small plane crash off Cape Cod were a flight instructor and his student.
The plane crashed Sunday morning after the pilot reported smoke in the cabin. They were taking a 20-minute flight from Martha’s Vineyard to Hyannis.
Police say firefighters found one body on the beach in Brewster on Sunday afternoon. The other body was later found in the water by a Coast Guard helicopter.
Bank foreclosing on Simpson’s house
MIAMI — A bank is foreclosing on the Florida home of O.J. Simpson, who is serving time in a Nevada prison for kidnapping, armed robbery and other charges.
Miami-Dade Circuit Court records show that JPMorgan Chase filed for foreclosure in September. Simpson’s attorneys have since filed a motion to dismiss the case.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Oregon fails to sign up single person on health care website as states struggle
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- George Zimmermans girlfriend flips on assault: Let my boyfriend go
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Notes from a running nerd: musings and more on all things running.
NFL junkie Eric Golub reports on his favorite obsession. There is no football offseason. Every February he pretends to care about other sports while sobbing uncontrollably each Sunday until September.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow