- Nancy Pelosi: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
Promoter: Merle Haggard hospitalized in Georgia
Question of the Day
MACON, GA. (AP) - A concert promoter says country music legend Merle Haggard was hospitalized with an undisclosed illness this week in central Georgia.
Promoter Mike Blackwell tells The Columbus Ledger-Enquirer (http://bit.ly/yPAGQW) that a Wednesday night concert in Columbus, Ga., has been canceled. He said the 74-year-old Haggard was hospitalized in Macon because of an illness.
Tour manager Frank Mull says that Tuesday night’s show at the Macon City Auditorium was abruptly canceled, seven minutes before it was to start.
It wasn’t known whether Haggard remained in the Macon hospital Wednesday. Details of his illness were not immediately available. His next scheduled concert is Thursday in Paducah, Ky.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- EDITORIAL: Snipers from the left target Hillary
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq