- Florida board member shocks with ‘Heil Hitler’ salute at town meeting
- Bill O’Reilly, Chris Matthews inducted into Irish America Hall of Fame
- Military given ‘execute order’ by Obama for secret cyber mission in June
- College group’s diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Cops: 2 shoot up heroin as kids play at McDonald’s
- Drug charges against husband of Va. daycare owner
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after ‘indication’ of Malaysian jet crash
- Vertical Group trader jumps in front of commuter train: report
- Brazilian goalkeeper who ordered girlfriend’s murder may be released to play soccer
- Harlem explosion death toll rises to 7; some still missing
Baghdatis smashes 4 rackets in 1-minute meltdown
Baghdatis wasn’t alone in losing his cool on Wednesday.
After losing the fourth set of his marathon match against Isner, David Nalbandian threw his racket into a wall at Margaret Court Arena and was lucky it didn’t rebound and hit a nearby linesperson.
A ballboy picked up the racket and gave it back, only for the unhappy Argentine to fling it into the crowd.
That wasn’t the end of it, either. Nalbandian also angrily smashed his racket after netting a volley on match point. At the press conference, criticized chair umpire Kader Nouni, who refused his request for a video challenge at break point at 8-8 in the fifth set because he said Nalbandian waited too long to ask.
“I mean, can you be that stupid to do that in that moment?” Nalbandian said.
Ivanisevic had to default from a tournament in England in 2000 when he mangled three rackets _ and then realized he had none left.
Safin, the 2005 Australian Open champion, once estimated he had destroyed about 700 rackets in his 12-year career. He recently won a seat in Russia’s lower house of Parliament.
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Redskins' secondary holes remain unfilled amid NFL free-agent frenzy
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- Critics point to Obama's attempts to sell health care as no laughing matter
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again