- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
GLAAD Media Award nominees announced
NEW YORK (AP) - GLAAD has named the film “J. Edgar,” Lady Gaga’s album “Born This Way,” and a TV interview by David Letterman with Chaz Bono among its nominees for the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards.
The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation announced on Thursday 116 nominees in English-language categories and 35 nominees in Spanish-language categories.
Other nominees include the film “Albert Nobbs,” starring Glenn Close, and the TV series “Glee,” “Modern Family” and “NCIS,” as well as the wedding of a gay staffer aired on the talk show “Conan.”
The awards are meant to recognize and honor media for outstanding images of the gay and lesbian community. The winners will be announced March 24 at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square and at ceremonies in April and June.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.