- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Suspect in taped Winter Classic fight posts bail
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - The New Jersey man has posted bail stemming from charges over a street fight that left another hockey fan unconscious outside a Philadelphia cheesesteak shop following the NHL Winter Classic.
Online court records say Dennis Veteri was released Wednesday after 10 percent of the $400,000 bail was posted. A judge had raised bail from $100,000 earlier in the day.
Video of the Jan. 2 fight posted online shows a confrontation between Philadelphia Flyers fans and New York Rangers fans escalating into a brawl that ends with a man motionless on the ground.
Police say Veteri was the aggressor and landed the punch that knocked out Woodbridge Township, N.J., police officer and Iraq war veteran Neal Auricchio.
Veteri’s attorney says the case is a fistfight that’s being blown out of proportion.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
- Georgia's new carry law a big win for gun rights
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014