- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Last-place Canadiens fight during practice
Question of the Day
BROSSARD, QUEBEC (AP) - The last-place Montreal Canadiens are ringing in the New Year with a fight _ teammates P.K. Subban and Tomas Plekanec exchanged punches during practice Monday.
The two clashed during a one-on-one drill. Both dropped their gloves and threw punches until Josh Gorges and others stepped in.
No big punches landed and neither player was hurt. Both players stayed on the ice as practice resumed.
The Canadiens went 1-5-0 on a road trip that ended with a 3-2 loss in Florida on Saturday. They have one win in their last nine games. Their next game is Wednesday at home against Winnipeg.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq