- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Some see progress in Redskins despite 5-11 record
Question of the Day
“I talked to Sean after the game, and obviously he must not have liked my speech,” he said. “He must have been disappointed in it, but I’ve only been doing it that way for a number of years. He must be used to a different way. So I apologize, Sean. It will never happen again — at least not with me.”
Special teams coach praised
Shanahan praised special teams coach Danny Smith despite some glaring shortcomings on that unit.
Five field goal attempts were blocked; the other 31 NFL teams combined for only 25. And Washington finished 21st in punt-return average and 27th in kickoff-return average, down from 10th and 14th, respectively, last season.
“If you take a look at his body of work — you just don’t do it this season, you take a look at his body of work over time — I think he’s done a great job with the special teams unit,” Shanahan said.
Results of the MRI on outside linebacker Brian Orakpo’s strained left pectoral muscle were not available late Monday. …The Redskins hope rookie receiver Leonard Hankerson (torn labrum, right hip) reaches full fitness by April 1. … Practice squad interior offensive lineman Eric Olsen said he was signed to the New Orleans Saints’ active roster. … The team’s offseason program will start in mid-April, per rules established in the new collective bargaining agreement, Shanahan said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world