- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Inside the Beltway
Question of the Day
Steven Tyler screeched through the “Star Spangled Banner” before the AFC Championship game in New England on Sunday. But his was not the worst pregame national anthem, at least according to an online poll of some 1,600 people who listened to assorted versions from assorted public events at Deadspin.com, a sports news blog. Roseanne Barr’s 1990 performance won the bad anthem derby, followed by Carl Lewis’s moment in 1993, Christina Aguilera (2011) and Michael Bolton (2003).
Rick Santorum is “the best candidate to bring together social conservatives, national defense conservatives, economic conservatives, and the newly energized constitutional conservatives of the Tea Party,” states a group of 34 conservatives who have reaffirmed their endorsement of Mr. Santorum as the Republican presidential nominee. His defenders include:
Texas Eagle Forum President Cathie Adams, American Values President Gary Bauer, CatholicVote.org President Brian Burch, philanthropist and attorney Tim Busch, radio host Penna Dexter, Focus on the Family founder James Dobson, Center for Military Readiness founder Elaine Donnelly, World Net Daily Editor-in-Chief Joseph Farah, Heritage Alliance President Richard Ford, Institute for Marriage and Public Policy member Maggie Gallagher, marketing executive Rebecca Hagelin, Capitol Resource Institute Chairman Tim LeFever, retired Texas Court of Appeals Justice Paul Pressler and wife Nancy Pressler, former member of Congress and Eagle Forum of Illinois President Penny Pullen and Conservative HQ.com Chairman Richard A. Viguerie.
POLL DU JOUR
• 44 percent of the South Carolina primary voters overall decided who to vote for on the day of the election.
• 44 percent decided in the days preceding the election.
Source: Edison Research/National Election Poll exit surveys of 2,381 Republican primary voters in 35 South Carolina voting places conducted Saturday.
• Polls, shouts and murmurs to email@example.com
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- America's Cold War with Russia may be a Cool War now, or even a tepid one
- Inside the Beltway: The Ben Carson surge continues
- An exercise in journalism: Climate change, a tempest, and one F-bomb
- Paying attention: 85 percent of wary Americans take immigration 'personally'
- Ron Paul giving away a Colt AR-15 in the name of 'freedom'
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors