- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
President heading to U.S. for medical treatment
SANAA — President Ali Abdullah Saleh said he will leave for the United States for medical treatment as he asked his people for forgiveness in a farewell speech delivered as he left Sanaa on Sunday.
“I will go to the United States for treatment and will then return as head of the General People’s Congress party,” Mr. Saleh said in a televised speech.
“I ask for forgiveness from all my people, men and women, for any shortcomings during my 33-year-long rule.”
His departure came a day after parliament adopted a law giving Mr. Saleh “complete” immunity from prosecution in return for stepping down under a transition deal brokered by the six-nation Gulf Cooperation Council.
U.S. drone strike kills leading al Qaeda terrorist
Three missiles fired from an unmanned aerial vehicle killed Bilal al-Berjawi, who was riding in a car on the outskirts of Mogadishu, according to a statement from the insurgent al-Kataib media foundation late Saturday.
The al-Shabab terrorist group said that Berjawi was a Lebanese and British citizen who grew up in West London and fought in Afghanistan before going to Somalia in 2006. The British government said Sunday that he is not a citizen.
“The martyr received what he wished for, and what he went out for … brother Bilal al-Berjawi was exposed to bombing in an outskirt of Mogadishu from a drone that is believed to be American,” al-Shabab said in a statement said. “He was martyred immediately.”
The strike was confirmed by a U.S. official in Washington.
Netanyahu condemns cleric telling Muslims to kill Jews
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.