- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
- PETA ‘hopping mad’ at Michelle Obama for using real eggs at Easter Egg Roll
- Sneaky Nebraska toddler traps self inside claw machine game
- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
Tuning in to TV
The consortium, in a statement, said Mr. Kenny “has a deep understanding of the TV and digital business, and he has the leadership experience and vision to drive global initiatives across all platforms.”
Star Jones returns to ‘View’ for first time since 2006 tiff
Star Jones will return to her old stomping grounds next month with her first cameo on “The View” after leaving the ABC daytime talk show in 2006.
Ms. Jones, an original co-host on the program created by Barbara Walters, will appear on the Feb. 22 episode to promote the American Heart Association’s “Go Red for Women” campaign to raise awareness of heart disease in women, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Ms. Jones left “The View” in a high-profile huff in June 2006 amid a disagreement with Ms. Walters, who also co-hosts the show. ABC declined to renew her contract and Ms. Jones blindsided the veteran newswoman when she abruptly announced her departure on June 27. The following day, Ms. Walters figuratively slammed the door in Ms. Jones’ face, refusing to let her back on the air.
Ms. Jones - who’s since had her own short-lived legal-news series on truTV, appeared on NBC’s “Celebrity Apprentice” and authored a novel about the offstage drama of a fictional talk show - has slammed Ms. Walters for revealing a past affair in her memoirs. For her part, Ms. Walters claimed Ms. Jones covered up her gastric bypass surgery by asking “View” colleagues to keep mum on the operation.
But the two appear to have patched things up. Both underwent open heart surgery to restore faulty valves in 2010.
‘Glee’s‘ Lea Michele star of new Candie’s ads
Lea Michele is moving from a locker to a much bigger closet. She’s the star of the new Candie’s clothing ad campaign, dubbed “Hanging at Home,” shot at a private mansion in Beverly Hills, Calif.
The images show her poolside, in the kitchen, in a bed with satin sheets and in a walk-in closet, wearing a new outfit and pair of shoes in each one, according to the Associated Press.
The 25-year-old star of “Glee” is following in the high-heel footprints of former brand spokeswomen Britney Spears and Fergie, among others. Miss Michele said she particularly liked Miss Spears’ old ads.
“I think they’re fun and flirty and show off her body great,” she said.
Miss Michele does a little showing off here, too, with some sexy poses, some silly poses and some glamorous ones.
Anyone who has seen Miss Michele do a turn on the red carpet knows she’s got her moves down for the camera.
She has become a “get” for designers eager to show off their gowns on a hot, young starlet. At the recent Golden Globes, she wore a silver Marchesa gown that was straight from the runway.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Ga. judge won't stop new Vidalia onion rule
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- EDITORIAL: Intolerance at Brandeis silences Muslim dissident Hirsi Ali
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.