- Washington and Lee law students demand ban on Confederate flag, say Gen. Lee was racist
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
- Mount Everest avalanche kills a dozen Sherpa guides
- Vice principal saved from South Korean sinking ferry found hanged
- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
Cast named for play based on Jayson Blair scandal
NEW YORK (AP) - Producers of a new play inspired by the Jayson Blair plagiarism scandal at The New York Times have found the actor who will play the disgraced ex-journalist.
Libii, a Yale graduate and alumnus of Second City in Chicago, was in “Perfect Harmony” at the Acorn Theatre and “The Tempest” at the Porpentine Theater.
The rest of the cast includes Larry Bryggman, Peter Jay Fernandez, Tim Hopper, Arliss Howard, David Pittu, Steve Rosen and Sheila Tapia. Tony Award-nominated David Leveaux, who recently directed Tom Stoppard’s “Arcadia” on Broadway, will direct the new play.
Previews begin Jan. 25 and an official opening is set for Feb. 15. The play will run until March 4 at Signature Theatre Company’s Peter Norton Space while Atlantic’s main stage gets renovated.
Producers describe the play as a “revealing and complex story about the collateral damage of unchecked ambition and compounded lies.”
McKinley was a former news assistant at the Times who overlapped with Blair. His other plays include “Extinction,” “The Kitchen Sink Play” and “Welcome Home Rock Rogers.”
Blair resigned from the Times in 2003 after an investigation found he had plagiarized or fabricated major portions of articles he had written during four years with the newspaper.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Golden Hammer: Easter candy bitter taste for taxpayers?
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.