- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
Cast named for play based on Jayson Blair scandal
NEW YORK (AP) - Producers of a new play inspired by the Jayson Blair plagiarism scandal at The New York Times have found the actor who will play the disgraced ex-journalist.
Libii, a Yale graduate and alumnus of Second City in Chicago, was in “Perfect Harmony” at the Acorn Theatre and “The Tempest” at the Porpentine Theater.
The rest of the cast includes Larry Bryggman, Peter Jay Fernandez, Tim Hopper, Arliss Howard, David Pittu, Steve Rosen and Sheila Tapia. Tony Award-nominated David Leveaux, who recently directed Tom Stoppard’s “Arcadia” on Broadway, will direct the new play.
Previews begin Jan. 25 and an official opening is set for Feb. 15. The play will run until March 4 at Signature Theatre Company’s Peter Norton Space while Atlantic’s main stage gets renovated.
Producers describe the play as a “revealing and complex story about the collateral damage of unchecked ambition and compounded lies.”
McKinley was a former news assistant at the Times who overlapped with Blair. His other plays include “Extinction,” “The Kitchen Sink Play” and “Welcome Home Rock Rogers.”
Blair resigned from the Times in 2003 after an investigation found he had plagiarized or fabricated major portions of articles he had written during four years with the newspaper.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Rand Paul: Bundy's racist remarks are 'offensive'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014