- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Cast named for play based on Jayson Blair scandal
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Producers of a new play inspired by the Jayson Blair plagiarism scandal at The New York Times have found the actor who will play the disgraced ex-journalist.
Libii, a Yale graduate and alumnus of Second City in Chicago, was in “Perfect Harmony” at the Acorn Theatre and “The Tempest” at the Porpentine Theater.
The rest of the cast includes Larry Bryggman, Peter Jay Fernandez, Tim Hopper, Arliss Howard, David Pittu, Steve Rosen and Sheila Tapia. Tony Award-nominated David Leveaux, who recently directed Tom Stoppard’s “Arcadia” on Broadway, will direct the new play.
Previews begin Jan. 25 and an official opening is set for Feb. 15. The play will run until March 4 at Signature Theatre Company’s Peter Norton Space while Atlantic’s main stage gets renovated.
Producers describe the play as a “revealing and complex story about the collateral damage of unchecked ambition and compounded lies.”
McKinley was a former news assistant at the Times who overlapped with Blair. His other plays include “Extinction,” “The Kitchen Sink Play” and “Welcome Home Rock Rogers.”
Blair resigned from the Times in 2003 after an investigation found he had plagiarized or fabricated major portions of articles he had written during four years with the newspaper.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors