- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Top cable programs for Dec. 26-Jan. 1
Question of the Day
Rankings for the top 15 programs on cable networks as compiled by the Nielsen Co. for the week of Dec. 26-Jan. 1. Day and start time (EST) are in parentheses:
1. NFL Football: Atlanta vs. New Orleans (Monday, 8:30 p.m.), ESPN, 10.53 million homes, 15.64 million viewers.
2. College Football: Washington vs. Baylor (Thursday, 9 p.m.), ESPN, 5.06 million homes, 6.92 million viewers.
3. "The Closer" (Monday, 9 p.m.), TNT, 4.49 million homes, 6.16 million viewers.
4. "Rizzoli & Isles" (Monday, 10 p.m.), TNT, 4.23 million homes, 5.79 million viewers.
5. College Football: Virginia vs. Auburn (Saturday, 7:30 p.m.), ESPN, 4.13 million homes, 6.16 million viewers.
6. College Football: Florida State vs. Notre Dame (Thursday, 5:27 p.m.), ESPN, 3.76 million homes, 5.228 million viewers.
7. "Pawn Stars" (Monday, 10:30 p.m.), History, 3.54 million homes, 5.227 million viewers.
8. College Football: Iowa vs. Oklahoma (Friday, 10:15 p.m.), ESPN, 3.45 million homes, 4.81 million viewers.
9. "Pawn Stars" (Monday, 10 p.m.), History, 3.39 million homes, 5.06 million viewers.
10. NBA Basketball (Tuesday, 8:16 p.m.), TNT, 3.27 million homes, 4.55 million viewers.
11. "iCarly: iPsycho 2," (Saturday, 8 p.m.), Nickelodeon, 3.24 million homes, 5.51 millon viewers.
12. College Football: Texas A&M vs. Northwestern (Saturday, 11:57 a.m.), ESPN, 3.082 million homes, 3.90 millon viewers.
13. College Football: California vs. Texas (Wednesday, 8:06 p.m.), ESPN, 3.081 million homes, 4.26 million viewers.
14. "NCIS" (Saturday, 8 p.m.), USA, 3.06 million homes, 4.06 million viewers.
15. College Football: Mississippi State vs. Wake Forest (Friday, 6:49 p.m.), ESPN, 3.05 million homes, 4.21 million viewers.
USA is owned by Comcast's NBCUniversal. ESPN is owned by the Walt Disney Co. History is owned by the A&E Television Networks. TNT is owned by Time Warner Inc. Nickelodeon is owned by Viacom.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq