- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
P.G. County sees first homicide of 2012
Prince George's County police are investigating their first homicide of the year after a man was fatally shot in Suitland on Thursday.
Police officers responded to a call to check on the welfare of a man seen laying face down near an apartment complex in the 2000 block of Brooks Drive, police spokesman Cpl. Henry Tippett said. When officers arrived at the location around 2:20 p.m. they determined the man had been fatally shot.
This time last year, the county had already recorded five homicides during an unusual string of violence.
No further information was available about the homicide victim or the circumstances surrounding his death Thursday afternoon.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Natural gas prices rise for D.C. customers as temperatures drop
- Released from hospital, Marion Barry reflects on his health and political career
- Montgomery County matches homicide total from 2013
- Council member introduces bill to regulate D.C. party promoters
- D.C. Council approves bill decriminalizing marijuana
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again