- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Top musical acts to headline Super Bowl party
Question of the Day
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Rolling Stone magazine is using its musical strings to stage its first Super Bowl party.
Four of America’s hottest acts _ Cobra Starship, Gym Class Heroes, LMFAO and Lupe Fiasco _ will team up to play a Feb. 4 concert in a converted warehouse in Indianapolis, one of the week’s biggest parties. Each act is scheduled to play a 45-minute set in the 32,000-square foot facility two blocks from Lucas Oil Stadium, where the Super Bowl will be played the next night.
An official announcement is scheduled for Thursday morning. Rum maker Bacardi is partnering with Rolling Stone to put on the show, which commemorates the 150th anniversary of its founding.
“It was a challenge to get all of the bands to come in and share the night,” Rolling Stone publisher Matt Mastrangelo told The Associated Press. “A lot of these bands are used to doing their individual gigs. But the Rolling Stone party is a big event. They wanted to be part of the Rolling Stone show.”
Fans will get to see some of biggest chart-toppers on one stage.
LMFAO currently has the No. 1 and No. 9 songs on Billboard’s Hot 100. Gym Class Heroes has had two No. 1 hits and has another song currently moving up the charts. Cobra Starship’s hit “You Make Me Feel..” is currently No. 31on the Hot 100. And Lupe Fiasco has been nominated for three Grammy Awards this year _ best rap song, best rap album and best rap performance.
And what would a Super Bowl bash be without an NFL connection? The father of disc jockey Taryn Manning is a cousin of former quarterback Archie Manning.
The party is scheduled to run from 8:30 p.m. to 2 a.m. The public can purchase tickets for $1,000 each starting Thursday at http://www.rollingstonerockweekend.com.
LMFAO also is scheduled to appear at the Super Bowl Village in downtown Indy, though the host committee has not released a date or time for that show.
Another big star, Madonna, is performing at halftime of the Feb. 5 game between the AFC and NFC champions.
Administration beats a retreat from a scheme of intimidation
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Bill Clinton audio surfaces from Sept. 10, 2001: 'I could have killed' Osama bin Laden
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world