- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
AP Source: Auburn grants RB Mike Dyer release
Question of the Day
A person with knowledge of the situation tells The Associated Press that Auburn has released All-Southeastern Conference tailback Mike Dyer from his scholarship.
Dyer is the first Auburn tailback to rush for 1,000 yards in each of his first two seasons, but coach Gene Chizik suspended him indefinitely before the Chick-fil-A Bowl for violating unspecified team rules.
The person spoke Friday to AP on condition of anonymity because the school hadn't announced the move. It was first reported by AuburnUndercover.com.
It's unclear where Dyer will go, but speculation has been that he might follow former offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn to Arkansas State.
Dyer was the offensive MVP of the national championship game as a freshman last season. He ran for 1,242 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2011.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- OBAMASCARE: Huge premium hikes rock employer-insured workers
- UHLER and FERRARA: Obamacare, the end of the progressive era
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow