- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Bay Buchanan endorses Mitt Romney
“If Americans want a real conservative in the White House, they need to look no further than Mitt Romney,” Ms. Buchanan said, lending her support to the Republican candidate for the second time in as many presidential campaigns.
The endorsement follows Mr. Romney’s razor-thin victory over former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum in the Iowa caucuses on Tuesday and comes as he prepares for the nation’s first primary in New Hampshire, where he has won the support of powerful state leaders and held a big lead in the polls for months.
Ms. Buchanan served as Treasurer during the Reagan administration. Since then she and former Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo have co-chaired Team America PAC, a group dedicated to securing the nation’s borders — making her a stamp of approval in some conservative camps on the issue of immigration.
“These few years of President Obama’s failed leadership have weakened our country across the board,” Ms. Buchanan said. “We need a president who will immediately reverse Obamacare, stop Washington’s out-of-control spending and finally secure our borders. Mitt Romney is the man who will actually get these things done. America simply can’t take another four years of Barack Obama.”
The endorsement coincides with an uptick in criticism from three of Mr. Romney’s top rival candidates — Mr. Santorum, Texas Rep. Ron Paul and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich — all of whom have charged in a series of comments and campaign ads that he is an unreliable conservative.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Americans for Prosperity ad attacks N.H. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen's Obamacare vote
- Senate races are close in Southern states, poll shows
- Sen. Rand Paul: Limited Washington experience isn't always bad
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- 2-week truce for hot sauce maker, California city
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014