- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Military probes missing ‘sensitive’ equipment
Question of the Day
TACOMA, Wash. (AP) — The Army says it’s investigating the disappearance of “sensitive” equipment at Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
The New Tribune of Tacoma reported on its website Sunday that a 100-member infantry company has been locked down while the probe is under way.
Lewis-McChord spokesman Matt Hinkle said the company under investigation is from the 4th Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division.
Maj. Chris Ophardt, an I Corps spokesman, said the missing items were weapons accessories and not weapons. Laser sights were cited as an example.
Maj. Ophardt said the lock-down started Wednesday and will continue until the probe is over. Meanwhile, the company is restricted to barracks and dining areas, but families can visit.
A $10,000 reward has been offered for information leading to the equipment’s return.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors