- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi diagnosed with cancer
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi has cancer.
The band released a statement Monday saying the 63-year-old has been diagnosed with lymphoma and is working with doctors on treatment.
The news comes two months after the pioneering heavy metal quartet’s original lineup announced it was working on its first album in 33 years with producer Rick Rubin in Los Angeles. The album remains set for a fall release and the rest of the group _ vocalist Ozzy Osbourne, bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Bill Ward _ will go to England to continue working with Iommi.
There was no word about Sabbath’s plans for its live dates.
His bandmates asked fans “to send positive vibes” to Iommi.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq