- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Fan fined $200 for tossing banana at NHL player
LONDON, ONTARIO (AP) - A fan who threw a banana at a black player during an NHL exhibition game has been fined $200.
Christopher Moorhouse lobbed a banana at Philadelphia Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds as he was approaching Detroit Red Wings goalie Jordan Pearce during a shootout in the Sept. 22 game in London, Ontario.
The 26-year-old Moorhouse pleaded guilty Monday but did not appear in court. Moorhouse was charged charged with a provincial trespassing and given 90 days to pay the fine. Police said there wasn’t enough evidence to charge Moorhouse with a hate crime.
Moorhouse’s lawyer, Faisal Joseph, has said his client didn’t know hurling bananas at black athletes could be seen as hateful.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again