- Drone technology turns South, targets feral pigs to kill
- Puerto Rico caravan honoring Paul Walker ends in 6 drunken-driving arrests, 72 speeding tickets
- Scientists could unlock mystery of life beyond Earth within a decade
- Selfies gone too far? N.Y. woman snaps photo in front of suicidal man on bridge
- Rob Ford gets D.C. sports radio gig: Toronto’s crack-smoking mayor will make NFL picks
- Israel mulls gift of West Bank land to Palestinians
- Stocks gain as investors weigh economic news
- Doctors say ‘profound’ new HIV treatment may prove the cure
- U.N., Mexico: Truck with radioactive load stolen
- NYPD head Ray Kelly wins big retirement perk — a $1.5M tax-paid team of bodyguards
Redskins’ Fletcher heading to Pro Bowl after all
Question of the Day
Washington Redskins linebacker London Fletcher is going to Hawaii, after all. He will make his third straight appearance in the Pro Bowl after being added on Monday to the NFC’s roster for the NFL’s annual all-star game.
Fletcher, who led the NFL with 166 tackles this season, was left off the Pro Bowl roster last month. San Francisco’s Patrick Willis and Chicago’s Brian Urlacher were the two inside linebackers nominated from the NFC.
In addition to Fletcher’s league-leading tackles total this season, he had 1.5 sacks, two interceptions and three forced fumbles. By comparison, Urlacher, who was named to his eighth Pro Bowl, had 102 tackles, no sacks, three interceptions and no forced fumbles.
The Pro Bowl will be played Jan. 29 in Honolulu.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
By Tom Harris and Madhav Khandekar
Bad science puts rich nations on the hook for trillions in climate liabilities
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Doctors say profound new HIV treatment may prove the cure
- Issa: FBI impeding inquiry into IRS targeting of conservative groups
- MILLER: Obamas EPA closing smelter will not affect ammunition supply
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Last call: State Dept. bought $180,000 in liquor before shutdown
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- EDITORIAL: Motor City meltdown
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Career Doctor Cassi Fields prescribes valuable advice for anyone looking to find a career, nail an interview or earn a promotion.
Headlines from Associated Press and around the Internet
Columns from Voices around the World talking about the events, people, politics and social issues that concern us wherever, and whoever, we are.
This column will cover anything that has anything remotely to do with the game of baseball, from the game itself to mid-summer trades to offseason moves.