- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
Alec Baldwin: Actor marries yoga instructor in NYC
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) — Alec Baldwin and his yoga instructor fiancee tied the knot Saturday in a New York church, with a guest list that included family and famous Hollywood pals.
Mr. Baldwin, 54, and Hilaria Thomas, 28, married at St. Patrick’s Old Cathedral in a Catholic ceremony performed by the Rev. George Deas. Mr. Baldwin’s “30 Rock” co-star Tina Fey, actress Mariska Hargitay, director Woody Allen, environmental lawyer Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mr. Baldwin‘s actor-brother Stephen were among those in attendance.
Miss Thomas wore a silk magnolia Amsale gown with cap sleeves and a keyhole back neckline accented with crystal buttons. Mr. Baldwin’s suit was designed by Tom Ford.
The two began dating last year and became in engaged in April. Mr. Baldwin previously was married to actress Kim Basinger; they have a daughter, Ireland, who attended the wedding Saturday in a slate silk chiffon gown also designed by Amsale.
The reception was held at New York University’s Kimmel Center.
The “Rock of Ages” actor warmly received congratulations from well-wishing fans on his way in for the service, said his friend and publicist, Matthew Hiltzik.
Hours before the ceremony, Mr. Baldwin tweeted lines from an Emily Dickenson poem. One read: “Was bridal e’er like this? A paradise, the host, And cherubim and seraphim The most familiar guest.”
The wedding came about a week after Mr. Baldwin and a news photographer got into a scuffle outside a courthouse where the actor was believed to have been picking up a marriage license. Mr. Baldwin and the photographer traded barbs over who shoved whom; no arrests were made.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world