- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
EURO 2012 LIVE: Spain 1 Italy 0
Question of the Day
KIEV, UKRAINE (AP) - It’s the final day of Euro 2012, with Italy and Spain going head to head for the cup. Follow the best of the action, photos and pre-match buildup here. Want to have your say? Contact (at)phillipsian and (at)simonhaydon via Twitter. All times are Ukrainian.
2123: Spain’s intricate passing game is being loudly booed _ either by anxious Italian fans or Ukrainians who don’t appreciate the subtlety. But the Spanish are gradually dominating possession as they have in previous games. But don’t forget it takes just one goal to change everything. 35 mins gone.
2214: The midfield is packed with bodies but both teams are managing to break away with piercing attacks. Spain having the better chances but Casillas just gets fingertips to a cross to prevent Balotelli from adding another to his tally.
2212: It’s a yellow for Pique for a crude challenge on Cassano.
2210: Giorgio Chiellini is coming off for Italy. Looks as though it’s a hamstring injury. Balzaretti comes on. That’s going to seriously affect Italy. Chiellini is Pirlo’s favorite target as an attacking wing back. Not so sure how ambitious Balzaretti will be.
2205: Italy straight onto the attack after Spain’s opening goal. A Pirlo corner is flicked on but Sergio Ramos gets a head to it to clear for a second corner, which is punched clear by Casillas. The game is opening up nicely.
2203: It’s a lovely flowing move from Spain after they’d threatened for a few minutes. Iniesta releases Fabregas with an inch-perfect pass down the right. Fabregas, squeezed by a defender, still manages a perfect pass back to Silva, who heads in from 10 yards into the roof of the net. Fourteen minutes gone here. Let’s hope the Spanish continue this attacking display.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world