- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
EURO 2012 LIVE: Spain 1 Italy 0
KIEV, UKRAINE (AP) - It’s the final day of Euro 2012, with Italy and Spain going head to head for the cup. Follow the best of the action, photos and pre-match buildup here. Want to have your say? Contact (at)phillipsian and (at)simonhaydon via Twitter. All times are Ukrainian.
2123: Spain’s intricate passing game is being loudly booed _ either by anxious Italian fans or Ukrainians who don’t appreciate the subtlety. But the Spanish are gradually dominating possession as they have in previous games. But don’t forget it takes just one goal to change everything. 35 mins gone.
2214: The midfield is packed with bodies but both teams are managing to break away with piercing attacks. Spain having the better chances but Casillas just gets fingertips to a cross to prevent Balotelli from adding another to his tally.
2212: It’s a yellow for Pique for a crude challenge on Cassano.
2210: Giorgio Chiellini is coming off for Italy. Looks as though it’s a hamstring injury. Balzaretti comes on. That’s going to seriously affect Italy. Chiellini is Pirlo’s favorite target as an attacking wing back. Not so sure how ambitious Balzaretti will be.
2205: Italy straight onto the attack after Spain’s opening goal. A Pirlo corner is flicked on but Sergio Ramos gets a head to it to clear for a second corner, which is punched clear by Casillas. The game is opening up nicely.
2203: It’s a lovely flowing move from Spain after they’d threatened for a few minutes. Iniesta releases Fabregas with an inch-perfect pass down the right. Fabregas, squeezed by a defender, still manages a perfect pass back to Silva, who heads in from 10 yards into the roof of the net. Fourteen minutes gone here. Let’s hope the Spanish continue this attacking display.
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.