- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
Hurricanes sign Jordan Staal to 10-year deal
Question of the Day
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - The Carolina Hurricanes have signed new center Jordan Staal to a 10-year contract extension.
The Hurricanes marked the start of the free agency period Sunday by announcing a long-term deal for the star player they acquired from Pittsburgh in a draft-day trade just over a week ago.
Staal will make $6 million per year under the deal, which begins with the 2013-14 season.
General manager Jim Rutherford says Staal _ the younger brother of team captain Eric Staal _ “represents a cornerstone of our franchise for the long term.”
The 23-year-old Staal had career highs with 25 assists and 50 points last season with the Penguins.
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi denied freedom by Mexican judge
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener