- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
Briefly: Ex-premier cleared in corruption case
Question of the Day
The Dutch and German foreign ministries confirmed their citizens were among the dead. The two dead tourists were both women.
Morocco is a popular tourist destination among Europeans, especially its coastal resorts on the Atlantic.
Earlier Monday, a bus speeding on mountainous roads along the Mediterranean crashed outside the city of Nador, killing 10 people and injuring 33 others. The dead included three women and a young girl.
According to the U.S. State Department website, traffic accidents are a “significant hazard” in Morocco.
Israel strikes Hamas in Gaza after attack
JERUSALEM — The Israeli air force said it struck two militant sites in the Gaza Strip in response to the latest rocket fire at southern Israel.
The military said the targets were hit early Tuesday. No casualties were reported in the operation or in the rocket fire from Gaza on Monday.
The military said Israel “will not tolerate any attempt by terrorist groups to target Israeli civilians and soldiers.”
Israel’s border with the Gaza Strip has been largely quiet since a major Israeli offensive 3 1/2 years ago, but there have been sporadic flare-ups of violence since then.
• From wire dispatches and staff reports
TWT Video Picks
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world