- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
Tuning In to TV: Michael Buble to advise Shelton’s team on ‘Voice’
Question of the Day
NBC says “The Voice” is teaming a crooner and a country singer for the show’s new season.
According to the Associated Press, the network said Monday that Michael Buble will serve as adviser to coach Blake Shelton’s team of contestants when the singing contest returns in September.
Mr. Buble, who described himself as a “big Blake fan,” said he’s having a terrific time working with Mr. Shelton and his singers. Mr. Buble started taping his appearances on “The Voice” Monday in Los Angeles.
NBC has yet to announce advisers for the show’s three other coaches, Christina Aguilera, CeeLo Green and Adam Levine.
Kelly Clarkson, Jewel and Baby Face were among last season’s advisers, guiding contestants in their choice of songs. “The Voice” is back for its third season Sept. 10.
Guilty plea entered in ‘Late Show’ theater break-in
An aspiring actor who went on a destructive bender has admitted vandalizing the New York City theater where David Letterman tapes his television show.
James Whittemore pleaded guilty Monday to a misdemeanor criminal-mischief charge, the Associated Press reports. He has paid roughly $7,000 in restitution and gotten alcohol-abuse treatment. He won’t have to do jail time or probation.
The 23-year-old Mr. Whittemore went on an odd tear at the Ed Sullivan Theater after-hours last July. Authorities said he smashed some of the theater’s glass doors and damaged pictures, phones and other items.
Mr. Whittemore told police he’d had at least a dozen beers and several shots and didn’t remember much about what happened. He said he’d had a rough day.
‘Jersey Shore’ wraps up MTV show’s sixth season
A group hug signaled the end of filming for the sixth season of MTV’s “Jersey Shore” reality series.
The cast gathered outside their Seaside Heights home and wrapped their arms around one another as the July Fourth holiday week celebration came to an end, the Associated Press reports.
Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino, Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, Jenny “JWoww” Farley, Deena Nicole Cortese, Vinny Guadagnino, Paul “Pauly D” DelVecchio, Samantha Giancola and Ronnie Ortiz-Magro then loaded their luggage and drove off.
MTV said season six will feature Miss Cortese’s arrest after she was dancing in the streets. She pleaded guilty to failing to use the sidewalk.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Senate overcomes first filibuster of Obama's border-spending bill
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world