- Motolotov cocktail thrown a Brooklyn mini-mart
- 3 Americans dead in shooting at Kabul hospital by Afghan guard
- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
Tuning In to TV: Michael Buble to advise Shelton’s team on ‘Voice’
NBC says “The Voice” is teaming a crooner and a country singer for the show’s new season.
According to the Associated Press, the network said Monday that Michael Buble will serve as adviser to coach Blake Shelton’s team of contestants when the singing contest returns in September.
Mr. Buble, who described himself as a “big Blake fan,” said he’s having a terrific time working with Mr. Shelton and his singers. Mr. Buble started taping his appearances on “The Voice” Monday in Los Angeles.
NBC has yet to announce advisers for the show’s three other coaches, Christina Aguilera, CeeLo Green and Adam Levine.
Kelly Clarkson, Jewel and Baby Face were among last season’s advisers, guiding contestants in their choice of songs. “The Voice” is back for its third season Sept. 10.
Guilty plea entered in ‘Late Show’ theater break-in
An aspiring actor who went on a destructive bender has admitted vandalizing the New York City theater where David Letterman tapes his television show.
James Whittemore pleaded guilty Monday to a misdemeanor criminal-mischief charge, the Associated Press reports. He has paid roughly $7,000 in restitution and gotten alcohol-abuse treatment. He won’t have to do jail time or probation.
The 23-year-old Mr. Whittemore went on an odd tear at the Ed Sullivan Theater after-hours last July. Authorities said he smashed some of the theater’s glass doors and damaged pictures, phones and other items.
Mr. Whittemore told police he’d had at least a dozen beers and several shots and didn’t remember much about what happened. He said he’d had a rough day.
‘Jersey Shore’ wraps up MTV show’s sixth season
A group hug signaled the end of filming for the sixth season of MTV’s “Jersey Shore” reality series.
The cast gathered outside their Seaside Heights home and wrapped their arms around one another as the July Fourth holiday week celebration came to an end, the Associated Press reports.
Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino, Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, Jenny “JWoww” Farley, Deena Nicole Cortese, Vinny Guadagnino, Paul “Pauly D” DelVecchio, Samantha Giancola and Ronnie Ortiz-Magro then loaded their luggage and drove off.
MTV said season six will feature Miss Cortese’s arrest after she was dancing in the streets. She pleaded guilty to failing to use the sidewalk.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- CURL: Obama's foreign policy even worse than his domestic policy
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Jimmy Carter: Dont hurt Russian people with sanctions
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014