- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Tuning In to TV: Michael Buble to advise Shelton’s team on ‘Voice’
NBC says “The Voice” is teaming a crooner and a country singer for the show’s new season.
According to the Associated Press, the network said Monday that Michael Buble will serve as adviser to coach Blake Shelton’s team of contestants when the singing contest returns in September.
Mr. Buble, who described himself as a “big Blake fan,” said he’s having a terrific time working with Mr. Shelton and his singers. Mr. Buble started taping his appearances on “The Voice” Monday in Los Angeles.
NBC has yet to announce advisers for the show’s three other coaches, Christina Aguilera, CeeLo Green and Adam Levine.
Kelly Clarkson, Jewel and Baby Face were among last season’s advisers, guiding contestants in their choice of songs. “The Voice” is back for its third season Sept. 10.
Guilty plea entered in ‘Late Show’ theater break-in
An aspiring actor who went on a destructive bender has admitted vandalizing the New York City theater where David Letterman tapes his television show.
James Whittemore pleaded guilty Monday to a misdemeanor criminal-mischief charge, the Associated Press reports. He has paid roughly $7,000 in restitution and gotten alcohol-abuse treatment. He won’t have to do jail time or probation.
The 23-year-old Mr. Whittemore went on an odd tear at the Ed Sullivan Theater after-hours last July. Authorities said he smashed some of the theater’s glass doors and damaged pictures, phones and other items.
Mr. Whittemore told police he’d had at least a dozen beers and several shots and didn’t remember much about what happened. He said he’d had a rough day.
‘Jersey Shore’ wraps up MTV show’s sixth season
A group hug signaled the end of filming for the sixth season of MTV’s “Jersey Shore” reality series.
The cast gathered outside their Seaside Heights home and wrapped their arms around one another as the July Fourth holiday week celebration came to an end, the Associated Press reports.
Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino, Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, Jenny “JWoww” Farley, Deena Nicole Cortese, Vinny Guadagnino, Paul “Pauly D” DelVecchio, Samantha Giancola and Ronnie Ortiz-Magro then loaded their luggage and drove off.
MTV said season six will feature Miss Cortese’s arrest after she was dancing in the streets. She pleaded guilty to failing to use the sidewalk.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.