- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Wyoming gas plant explosion sends entire town fleeing
- Aborted fetuses from British Columbia incinerated in Oregon plant to make electricity
- Motolotov cocktail thrown a Brooklyn mini-mart
- 3 Americans dead in shooting at Kabul hospital by Afghan guard
- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama’s motto: Out of one, many
The motto of the United States is E Pluribus Unum, Latin for “out of many, one.” The phrase’s historical meaning is that this nation was formed from many individuals with common interests and goals into a unified nation.
President Obama’s incessant attempts to raise taxes on the “rich” are nothing less than a deliberate attempt to divide America into classes and pit us against each other. It is the classic strategy of divide and conquer.
The question then becomes what does Mr. Obama wish to conquer? I would posit that it is the form of our government - a republic with checks and balances to control the federal government - that our president wishes to do away with. This would explain his many end-runs around the limits our Constitution placed on the presidency.
JAMES M. DORN
Chino Hills, Calif.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- In the company of a saint: Catholic Church will canonize Pope John Paul and Pope John XXIII
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- NAPOLITANO: A legal way to kill?