- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Tuning In to TV: DirecTV loses Nickelodeon, MTV in contract dispute
DirecTV subscribers are losing access to “The Daily Show” and “SpongeBob SquarePants.”
Viacom and DirecTV have had an agreement for seven years, which Viacom said meant it has been paid below-market rates for the programming. DirecTV, meanwhile, said Viacom is asking for too much money.
DirecTV has 20 million U.S. subscribers.
The former co-host of NBC’s “Today” show was in Indianapolis on Tuesday to take a drive around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway with Danica Patrick. The feature will air sometime after Ms. Couric’s syndicated talk show, called “Katie,” debuts in September.
When Ms. Couric left “Today” to go to CBS, Ms. Curry was passed over for the top job for Meredith Vieira. And Ms. Curry recently was replaced as a co-host by Savannah Guthrie after about a year on the job.
“I felt bad for Ann, and I felt bad for the whole team on the show,” she said. “Transitions like that are really tough. But I know she’ll go on and do great things.”
Patrick said she was happy to make a visit to the Speedway. She is set to return to the Brickyard at the end of July for her first race since she left the IndyCar Series to focus on NASCAR full time.
“It’s good to be back here,” Patrick said. “I didn’t think my first lap in a stock car around here would be a school stock car, but I thought it was a good lead into a couple of weeks from now when we’re actually here for the real deal.”
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- 2-week truce for hot sauce maker, California city
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014