- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Considering impeachment
The question America seems to be afraid to ask is whether President Obama has exceeded his powers and entered the zone of impeachable offenses.
The Constitution has a rather vague definition of “high crimes and misdemeanors” as the basis for initiating impeachment proceedings. President Clinton was impeached, but not convicted, for lying under oath to a grand jury. Our current president appears to have gone beyond the misdemeanors of Mr. Clinton by virtue of actions that violate the separation of powers among the three branches of government, trampling the 10th Amendment powers of the states and ignoring the will of the people. Mr. Obama has battled the states in their attempts to protect their borders and ultimately, their citizens, thumbed his nose at the American people who have expressed their displeasure with many of his unilateral executive actions and ignored the enforcement of federal laws such as the Defense of Marriage Act.
Thomas Jefferson was emphatic about questioning the actions of government, and with good reason. It is time for America to question the egregious and overreaching actions of this president.
Dale City, Va.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Get Breaking Alerts
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's flawed Mideast 'peace' plan
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Foreign policy would distract Obama from social hour
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hit Putin where it hurts over Ukraine