- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Disney unveils ‘Lone Ranger’ trailer at Comic-Con
Question of the Day
SAN DIEGO (AP) - Johnny Depp made a splash at Comic-Con, and he wasn't even there.
About 6,000 fans at the San Diego Convention Center Thursday got the first look at "The Lone Ranger," which stars Depp as Tonto.
Disney unveiled the brief clip at the conclusion of its panel presentation that included glimpses of Tim Burton's "Frankenweenie," Sam Raimi's "Oz: The Great and Powerful" and the video-game romp "Wreck-It Ralph," which features the voices of Sarah Silverman and John C. Reilly.
"The Lone Ranger" is directed by Gore Verbinski, who worked with Depp on the first three "Pirates of the Caribbean" films and the animated "Rango." It is set for release next summer.
Comic-Con continues through Sunday.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq