- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Price hike still haunts Netflix stock 1 year later
The obligations have been piling up so quickly that Netflix expects to post an annual loss this year, the first time that has happened since 2002. Netflix will release its second-quarter results on July 24.
“Smart people question whether they will ever make money,” Pachter said of the challenges facing Netflix in streaming. “Netflix is growing unprofitably, and content owners who see usage (of video streaming) go up by 50 percent are either going to charge more or offer lower quality content. Either is a drag on the stock.”
Pachter said he is wondering if Netflix’s stock might even fall below the $45 price target that he has set for the shares.
Citigroup analyst Mark Mahaney said the concerns about Netflix are overblown, although he doesn’t expect the stock to return to its previous high any time soon. He believes Netflix shares could reach $130 within the next year.
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- CURL: Calm down, conservatives: Obama's 'Two Ferns' bit was brilliant
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- Obama pitches to middle class with overtime pay action
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Inside China: Why Putin's intervention in Ukraine is bad news for China
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again