- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
Purdue CB Collins suspended after arrest near bar
Question of the Day
WEST LAFAYETTE, IND. (AP) - A Purdue athletics official says cornerback Sean Collins is suspended from the team after being arrested outside a bar on preliminary charges of public intoxication, resisting arrest and battery.
The Tippecanoe County Jail says the 21-year-old was arrested early Saturday outside Where Else? bar. West Lafayette Police Lt. Scott Fohr says Collins is accused of hitting a 22-year-old woman who was treated and released at a hospital.
Collins was released on $10,000 bond. He's due in court Aug. 20. Officials couldn't say whether he has an attorney and he doesn't have a public telephone listing.
Purdue associate athletics director Tom Schott says Collins has been suspended from the team. He says the junior joined the Boilermakers as a walk-on in 2009 and was on the roster in 2010 and 2011.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Humanists seek support from Congress on military chaplains
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Big milestone for Britain's little prince
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq