- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
While Batman lurks, ‘Ice Age’ tops box office
Question of the Day
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com. Where available, latest international numbers are also included. Final domestic figures will be released Monday:
1. “Ice Age: Continental Drift,” $46 million ($95 million internationally)
2. “The Amazing Spider-Man,” $35 million ($66.6 million internationally).
3. “Ted,” $22.1 million, ($9.7 million internationally).
4. “Brave,” $10.7 million, ($6.5 million internationally).
5. “Magic Mike,” $9 million, ($3.3 million internationally).
6. “Savages,” $8.7 million, ($1 million internationally).
7. “Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Witness Protection,” $5.6 million.
8. “Katy Perry: Part of Me,” $3.7 million, ($1 million internationally).
9. “Moonrise Kingdom,” $3.7 million, ($270,000 internationally).
10. “Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted,” $3.5 million ($4.6 million internationally).
Estimated weekend ticket sales at international theaters (excluding the U.S. and Canada) for films distributed overseas by Hollywood studios, according to Rentrak:
1. “Ice Age: Continental Drift,” $95 million.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world