- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
- Coburn calls hiring of embattled background check firm ‘troubling’
- World Cup: It’s raining men in Brazil as women samba with visitors
- Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl captured in photo smiling with Taliban jihadist
- Germany demands ouster of U.S. spy chief
- GOP senators knock EPA power grab
Bautista leaves game in 8th with wrist injury
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista left Monday night’s game against the New York Yankees in the eighth inning because of a wrist injury.
Bautista immediately grabbed his left wrist and dropped into a crouch outside the batter’s box after hitting a long foul ball against David Robertson. Several members of Toronto’s staff attended to Bautista, who was tied for second in the majors with 27 homers.
After a few minutes, he walked off the field holding his wrist and Ben Francisco took over at bat with a 2-1 count. Francisco walked.
After the game, the Blue Jays said Bautista did not break a bone. But he has a tendon injury and will have an MRI on Tuesday to determine how severe it is.
Bautista was 0 for 2 with a walk and a run scored. The Blue Jays lost 6-3.
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Harry Reid lambasted by black conservatives after calling Justice Thomas white
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- 4 children, parents killed in Texas shooting
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener