- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
From Koogle to Mayer: CEOs at Yahoo
Question of the Day
Marissa Mayer will be Yahoo Inc.’s fifth CEO in five years, not including two interim CEOs. She’s also the fourth interim or permanent CEO this year. Here’s a look at the people who have had that top job over the years:
Terry Semel _ May 2001-June 2007. Hired from Warner Bros. Stepped down under shareholder pressure.
Jerry Yang _ June 2007-January 2009. Company co-founder and de facto CEO until Koogle started. Agrees to resign under pressure in November 2008, pending appointment of replacement.
Carol Bartz _ January 2009-September 2011. Hired from Autodesk Inc., a design and engineering software company. Fired after failing to revive the company.
Tim Morse _ September 2011-January 2012. Interim CEO. Retained chief financial officer role during CEO stint.
Scott Thompson _ January 2012-May 2012. Hired from eBay Inc.’s PayPal. Left after disclosure that his official biography included a college degree he never received.
Ross Levinsohn _ May 2012-July 2012. Interim CEO. Joined Yahoo in November 2010 following a stint running Internet services at News Corp.
Marissa Mayer _ Starts as CEO on Tuesday. Most recently in charge of mapping, location and local services at Google.
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq