- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Fred Willard: ‘Best in Show’ actor accused of lewd act
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Actor Fred Willard, perhaps best known as a dog-show announcer in the movie “Best in Show,” was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of committing a lewd act at a Hollywood adult theater.
He said Mr. Willard appeared to be alone.
A call to Mr. Willard’s agent, Mike Eisenstadt, seeking comment wasn’t immediately returned Thursday morning.
Mr. Willard was nominated four times for Emmys for guest roles on TV’s “Modern Family” and “Everybody Loves Raymond.” In Pixar’s 2008’s hit “WALL-E,” he played Shelby Forthright, the CEO of a ubiquitous big-box chain called Buy’n’Large.
In addition to “Best in Show,” Mr. Willard also has appeared in other Christopher Guest mockumentary films, including “This Is Spinal Tap” and “Waiting for Guffman.”
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow